This is very easy and David loves it! I have made it using sliced pork tenderloin and chops, and they both are good!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 package (6 to 8 ounces) rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless center-cut pork chops, (about 6 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large bok choy, (about 2 pounds), trimmed, cut crosswise into 1-inch strips, and washed (with some water still clinging to leaves)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 piece (about 2 inches) fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Pork Chops with Bok Choy and Rice Noodles
- In a large bowl of hot tap water, soak noodles until soft, 10 to 15 minutes; drain and set aside
- Meanwhile, make sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, and red-pepper flakes; set aside.
- In a large skillet with a lid, heat oil over medium-high.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Place in skillet, and cook, turning once, until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer chops to a plate; loosely cover with aluminum foil, and set aside.
- To skillet, add bok choy, scallion whites, garlic, and ginger.
- Cover and cook, tossing occasionally, until bok choy stems are crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add noodles and sauce from step 1.
- Cook, tossing gently, until noodles are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Thinly slice pork chops.
- Serve on top of noodles, and sprinkle with scallion greens.