This is a favorite for the holidays. It is very rich, and asparagus is the Cadillac of veggies!
- 1 can asparagus
- 1 can Leseur early green peas
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 small can condensed milk (evaporated milk)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ stick butter or margarine
- 3 slices bread or ¼ to ½ cup of breadcrumbs
- parmesan cheese
- Place bread directly on oven rack on low heat while preparing other ingredients.
- Drain all canned vegetables and die water chestnuts.
- Combine margarine, soup and milk in a saucepan on medium low heat until smooth
- Layer asparagus, water chestnuts, then peas in a small casserole dish.
- Pour soup mixture over vegetables and cover with a generous layer of parmesan cheese.
- Crush the dried bread in a sandwich bag and cover the top.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until the breadcrumbs are nice and brown.