This is a Weight Watchers recipe that we just love. And, it is very easy to make.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Points: 7
- 2 cups uncooked penne or other tube-shaped pasta
- 6 oz 50%-less-fat pork sausage (such as Jimmy Dean)
- 1 ¼ cups bottled spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup diced bottled roasted red bell peppers
- ¾ teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.
- While pasta cooks, cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until brown; stir to crumble. Drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce and bell peppers to pan; bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until slightly thick.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar and salt. Cover and let stand 3 minutes. Serve over pasta.